Software Engineer, Mobile
What you'll be doing:
- Building a multi-faceted app that integrates patient to-dos, reminders, wellness content, care provider chat, and medication management.
- Implementing multimedia user messaging that is robust, HIPAA-compliant, and ensures against data loss.
- Integrating with other devices to collect passive biometrics (e.g., pulse oximetry, glucose level, blood pressure). Integrating with Core Motion and HealthKit for data exchange with other wellness apps and fitness devices.
- Implementing tracking capabilities to help patients measure their progress towards health goals.
- Developing against our back-end data pipeline used to analyze product use and patient behavior.
- Integrating with partner REST APIs and deep-linking with partner mobile apps
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 3 years of iOS development experience, including publishing commercial apps.
- Strong knowledge of iOS custom native UIs, programmatic and Interface Builder autolayout, design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge about how to develop for low-memory, low-connectivity situations, with a focus on battery efficiency.
- Passion for keeping up-to-date on mobile trends that can be leveraged for designing the infrastructure for our mobile apps.
- Excellent communication skills, and proficiency explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand.
- Passion to benchmark and optimize, with a preference for writing clean and elegant, test-driven code.
- Skills to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile startup environment, and the desire to find fulfillment delivering innovative products.
Tools we use include:
- On iOS: Objective-C, Swift, Core Data, Core Motion, XCTest, CocoaPods