Software Engineer III - Storefront Platform at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a Software Engineer, Level III in Boston, or Minneapolis for our Storefront Platform engineering team.
As an engineer in our team, you will work with a talented group of backend and frontend engineers, product managers and business leaders in an Agile environment. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States. Our strong Storefront platform engineering team @Chewy is focused on building solutions which guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide standards, processes, and oversight of platforms and associated services.
- Establish governance and service best practices to ensure overall cluster and platform availability and meet SLA/SLOs.
- Establish monitoring tools and management dashboards integrated into platforms with best practice notifications and response processes.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience implementing automation through CI/CD pipelines, configuration management tools and scripted solutions using Terraform, Ansible or Chef
- Collaborating with the product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-sustaining e-commerce platform.
- Maintaining and hardening processes and capabilities integrated into the pipeline, shared across multiple engineering groups.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises.
- Experience working with cloud native computing foundation Kubernetes components including service mesh, service discovery, package management, observability and monitoring, runtimes, and security.
- Experience architecting systems with multiple domain dependencies and cross cutting concerns.
- Expertise in designing, building, and configuring HAProxy is a plus.
- Strong CDN experience.
- Experience with monitoring automation systems such as Datadog or Splunk is a plus.
- Leverage automation to improve deployments and updates, speed up problem detection/resolution, and ensure safe and quick rollback when problems occur.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Position may require travel.
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platforms
- Advanced Terraform knowledge and orchestration using Jenkins
- Experience configuring and implementing multi-CDN strategies for enterprise.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]