Software Engineer II - Front-End at Grubhub (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We are looking for Engineers to join our team and help us continue to take our diner experience to the next level. Our team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing products. Within Grubhub, you will be directly involved with building new features to benefit our diners.
Innovation, research, architecture, authentic fun, and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Impact You Will Make
The Post Purchase Engineering team is responsible for building the experience for diners after they've made their purchase on the Grubhub app. Our job is to put the diner at ease. They can see when they're food should arrive, allow them to see what they ordered, and let them know about any updates along the way. We are continuously evolving and looking for innovative ways to make the waiting or pickup experience comfortable for the diner. We do this through data- and metric-driven processes to constantly iterate and improve the overall experience across native iOS and Android platforms as well as the web. The team is also responsible for cross-platform functionality that assists the diner when they need to reach out to us, both as a client experience for the diner as well as building APIs that can be consumed across the organization.
- Work on important features like order tracking, order history, and diner-assistive technologies that are used cross-platform across the organization to help put the diner at ease
- Collaborate cross-functionally with designers, product owners, and other engineers to design, implement, and test features which help to drive the business forward.
- Help innovate by having a hand in the adoption of strong software architecture, development of best practices, and implementing new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we'll need your help to do that.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience working closely with multiple teams from product, design, and other engineering teams
- A history of building software with teams -- you enjoy brainstorming solutions and communicating technical ideas and issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of best practices for UI development
- Experience and a good understanding of app performance and debugging techniques
- Strong computer science fundamentals from a college degree in Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email privacy[email protected]