Software Engineer II - Front End at Kyruus
- You’ll code and test our software products. In addition to coding, you’ll understand requirements, figure out what to build, and then build it. You will work on both existing and new products.
- Your typical day will include attending Agile standups, designing components or services, writing lots of code, testing and integrating your code, and reviewing others’ code.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities.
- You’ll help estimate the amount of time and effort projects will take as part of the sprint cycle.
- You’ll apply Kyruus’ software engineering best practices, coding standards and patterns for development and deployment.
- You’ll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system.
- You’ll help solve outages, participate in retrospectives, and implement countermeasures to prevent similar issues from recurring.
- You’ll create tools and documentation for internal teams like Client Delivery to understand how our systems work and to enable them to onboard customers in a timely manner with minimal support from Engineering.
- You'll report to the Director of Engineering in the ProviderMatch Applications department within the R&D - Engineering division division of the Company.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You have 2+ years of experience building scalable and responsive web applications with a passion for delivering a superior user experience.
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket to build, manage and version control software.
- You love coding, and you crank out high-quality, easy-to-reason-about production software.
- You understand software design patterns (Functional, OOP, Procedural), and you know why they are important.
- You are able to take uncertain requirements, ask the right questions to solidify them, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You take responsibility for quality.
- You always write comprehensive unit and functional tests with tools such as React Testing Library and TestCafe.
- You're skilled at communicating your thoughts and designs to your teammates, and you're good at giving constructive criticism.
- You function best as part of a team and you are passionate about teaching and learning.
- Experience with complex CSS layouts with Flexbox, Grid and CSS animations.
- You are familiar with Python and using Flask to build microservices.
- You have experience creating, interpreting, and executing finite state machines and statecharts (XState).
- You understand authentication/authorization, and have secured your applications using OAuth(2) and JSON Web Tokens.
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You believe continuous deployment, integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, DataDog, PagerDuty and Sentry.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly coded, easy-to-reason-about software.
- You complete your tasks reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You ask for help when you’re blocked and invest in learning from mentors as well seek training opportunities to improve your skills as a software engineer.
- You are assigned tasks of increasing level of complexity that you’re able to complete with growing confidence that your deliverables meet the user and business requirements.
- You contribute to improving your team’s software development and deployment processes and are able to demonstrate a high degree of predictability and accountability in delivering your work.
- Kyruuvians in the Software Engineer II role can move in a linear career path to a Senior Software Engineer I or Senior Software Engineer II position. From the Senior Software Engineer position, you can choose to develop along one of two tracks - individual contributor, as a Principal Software Engineer I, or management, as a Manager, Engineering.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.