If you or a loved one has ever experienced a major medical event, you know how overwhelming it is to process the flood of information that follows—whether it’s hastily delivered guidance from your doctor, or a pile of paperwork on managing your recovery. And once you get home, it can feel impossible to know where to start, or how to stay on track to reach your health goals.
At Wellframe, we’re helping healthcare organizations fill this gap, so people can get the holistic resources and support they need to feel their best, outside traditional care delivery settings. Through our patented platform, Wellframe translates evidence-based, peer-reviewed guidelines and literature into an interactive daily checklist delivered to patients through the Wellframe mobile app. As patients engage with the Wellframe app, their data is shared in real time with their care team through the care team dashboard, which utilizes advanced algorithms to generate early intervention alerts. With secure two-way messaging, Wellframe facilitates long-term, trusted relationships between patients and care teams.
Software Engineer I is responsible for building the software that enables our digital care management platform. They accomplish this by working closely with other engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists. Software Engineer I sits within the Engineering department and reports to a Manager, Software Engineering. Success in this role is demonstrated by translating business requirements that have an impact on patient care into high quality solutions coded with security and privacy best practices in mind.
Areas of Responsibility:
Translate user stories into software solutions
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand the business problems.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience.
- Work with senior engineers to validate approach.
- Write automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality.
Debug and fix production issues
- Work with our customer support team to debug and fix issues affecting our users.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- Proficient in Java.
- Experienced with backend frameworks such as Spring or Ruby on Rails.
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python.
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions — knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma.
- Thrives on diverse technical challenges — our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Effective communication skills.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.