Software Engineer (Entry Level) at Kyruus
- You’ll work closely with customer-facing employees on other teams to understand the needs of our customers, and set up our platform to provide the best experience for them and the patients they serve.
- Your typical day will include attending Agile standups, writing configuration files, using internal tools like Jenkins, testing your changes, and reviewing others’ changes.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You’ll triage work assigned to the team, ensure it’s ready to be worked on, and estimate the level of effort.
- You’ll apply Kyruus’ software engineering best practices, coding standards and patterns for development and deployment.
- You’ll respond to alerts about possible errors in our system. You’ll help solve outages, participate in retrospectives, and implement countermeasures to prevent similar issues from recurring.
- You’ll create tools and documentation for internal teams like Delivery to understand how our systems work and to enable them to onboard customers in a timely manner with minimal support from Engineering.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering in the Customer Onboarding Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your entry level experience (1+ years) and/or education in programming to:
- Help the Agile team execute on internal and external commitments on time.
- Improve and maintain our data pipeline and internal data management tools.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Escalate issues to your Agile team in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot issues and debug code to find the root cause of issues and develop countermeasures to address them.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You complete your tasks reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You collaborate with Kyruus employees on other teams to understand the problem you’re trying to solve, and work with them to implement solutions.
- You test your changes thoroughly to ensure that your solution meets the acceptance criteria and does not introduce bugs.
- You ask for help when you’re blocked and invest in learning from mentors as well as seek training opportunities to improve your skills as a software engineer.
- You are assigned tasks of increasing levels of complexity that you’re able to complete with growing confidence.
- You contribute to improving your team’s software development and deployment processes and are able to demonstrate a high degree of predictability and accountability in delivering your work.
- Kyruuvians in the Software Engineer (Entry Level) role will receive training and further education to grow as Software Engineers. The expectation is that a Software Engineer (Entry Level) will spend two years on the team receiving training and gaining hands on experience. From there, you can move in a linear career path to a Software Engineer I or based on skills, performance, and results accomplished to Software Engineer II position, including exploring software engineering roles on other teams in our Engineering org.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.