We are seeking a Software Engineer to help build the next generation data platform for Numerated. As a key member of the data engineering team, you will help build a platform in AWS that supports both streaming and batch workloads, and can bring vital information to our banking clients. Our platform will evolve to adapt to constantly changing business requirements while enforcing strict data quality standards and preserving data integrity.
If you are interested in joining a collaborative team, working on pioneering technology, in an exciting phase of company growth -- we want to hear from you!
Essential Responsibilities /
- Be a member of a scrum team to deliver shippable quality code every sprint
- Deliver full-stack capabilities in our modern, developer-driven tech stack: Angular / Python / Postgres / Snowflake
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to automated tests
- Understand the importance of continuous integration and testing
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Continue to grow your skill set and tool kit, continuously improving the quality of deliverables by authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven mindset
- Consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Exemplify the principles behind Scrum and the Agile Manifesto in all interactions
Education Requirements /
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related technical field required
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or related technical field preferred
Work Experience Requirements /
- 5-8 years of work experience in development and/or data engineering
- Significant past experience with SQL, dimensional data modeling, relational and columnar databases
- Experience with AWS desired, particularly Glue, EMR, Lambda, Kinesis or other data-related services. Working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience in developing and working with data ingestion pipelines for analytics desired.
- Experience with distributed computation platforms such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Presto.
- Proficiency with Angular and Python, facility with other languages desirable: Java, NodeJS, Scala, OS scripting.
- A professional attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills at different levels - frequent video communication with remote teams required.
- You're known as a creative, innovative and outside-the-box thinker, unafraid to express your ideas with other team members including those with more seniority.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and given context, you're capable of self-direction when solving difficult problems in creative ways and making a real impact to the business.
- You have a passion for keeping up with the rapidly changing data technical landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.