Software Engineer, Carbon Platform at Indigo
Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon, and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
We are looking for Software Engineers (junior and mid level) to join the Core Modeling team under the Carbon Engineering Team. The Core Modeling team at Indigo Ag is committed to crafting and maintaining trustworthy applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack and make a tangible impact on climate change in the process.
About this role:
As an engineer on the Carbon Team you will:
- Collaborate with Scientists and Product Managers to spec, build, test, and deploy code.
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and develop code documentation.
- Be comfortable with working with uncertain requirements and help draft software requirements.
- You are an independent self-starter, self-disciplined, who is collaborative and able to communicate with other teams of engineers and non-engineers.
- You can communicate efficiently and effectively.
- You are a fast learner and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have proven engineering and coding skills, data structure knowledge, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- You enjoy learning, have a talent for organization and breaking down large problems into smaller ones.
- You have experience working with large, complex datasets.
- You have a degree in a Scientific or Engineering field, or equivalent work experience. A PhD is a plus, but certainly not required.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience working with scientists or working in a research environment is a big plus.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive compensation including stock options