Software Engineer - C++ / Python at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the center of our product development - it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
Formlabs continues to develop one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market: PreForm. In addition to the user-facing side, our software also determines the machine movements required to produce a physical object from a digital model. We use code to control multiple actuators, sensors, and a high precision laser system. Producing perfect 3D prints requires developers who have a deep understanding of the electromechanical process.
If you have an engineering background to understand the physics of our printer, and are excited to use your software expertise to improve our product, we want you as a Software Engineer.
- Design bigger software systems to support our 3D printing desktop software
- Integrate all of our backend system architecture
- Immerse yourself in all kinds of code
- An accomplished engineer who is passionate about backend functionality
- Are a full stack software developer, from systems level software to user interfaces
- Love to work in diverse environments (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Code extensively in C++ (Qt) and Python
- Know Git inside and out
- Comfortable with complex algorithms
- Can build complex software products
- Can lead projects and partner with other teams
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience creating automated software build systems
- Computational geometry, OpenGL
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.