Software Engineer - API Platforms at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
Responsible for leading the development of platform components and services used to deliver mission critical APIs. Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff. Reviews and recommends new and emerging technologies to integrate into the development environment
- Automate: Creating a cloud native platform and supporting services with an eye toward repeatability, simplicity, and correctness.
- Ensure Reliability: Keeping the platform available no matter what happens through good design, solid implementation, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
- Improve Networking: Architecting a highly available platform that meets the ideals of simplicity, reliability, and elegance.
- Improve Security: Working with the Security team to ensure that every aspect of the platform complies with the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Provides tier three software issue analysis and resolution for .NET applications.
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Deployment of services and applications to AWS
- Design and implement improvements to our monitoring system.
- Make our build and deployment system more delightful.
- Build and refine our configuration management system.
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Leads innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing new technologies for the platform.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION: BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 5 years of experience with software development or MA or MS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics and 3 years of experience with software development
- Strong Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- 5+ years of full stack APIs development experience
- Experience exposing APIs to 3rd party developers at scale
- Experience building highly real-time systems at scale
- In-depth understanding of REST philosophy and API design
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining a development environment
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with a team while also managing individual projects
- Experience with Jira, Rally, or other ticket-based systems
- Excellent understanding of Git and TFS
- Strong track record of delivering successful commercial software products.
- Effective product management and communication skills.
- Innovative thinker in all areas of system design and debugging.
- Proven ability to initiate original and creative technical efforts.
- Experience implementing SSO with SAML