Software Development Manager at Chewy
Chewy is looking for Software Development Manager with a specialization in complex technology integration and tooling to join our Internal Tools Team in Dania Beach, FL, Seattle, WA or Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience managing a team of engineers and maturing team operations. Above all other factors, we are looking for smart, driven candidates who want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity.
The chosen candidate will have the proven ability to understand, design, and communicate enterprise integration patterns in partnership with Architects and Software Development Engineers, low-level understanding of topics such as Identity, Secrets/Key Management, Asynchronous Messaging, and API’s.
This role is a significant growth opportunity to own and drive the roadmap of internal tools used by 20,000+ Chewtopians! This will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of company-wide features, tool architecture, and design.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of experienced engineers responsible for building and support a mixture of third-party and internally built tools used across the entire organization.
- The Software Development Manager will be involved in building new product offerings from the ground up in addition to contributing to Chewy’s existing application/ tool portfolio.
- Drive and collaborate technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Drive the team toward execution of corporate strategic objectives.
- Contribute to roadmap definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementation architecture; provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Establish technical standards and guidelines to ensure integrity of systems and compliance with company IT standards, policies, and processes.
- Responsible for validating architecture decisions, understanding and articulating trade-offs, while also managing costs.
- Implement process measurements to ensure quality standards and throughput is maintained by each engineer.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer or architect focused on integration.
- You are required to have expert level skills in build/buy analysis, requirements elicitation, project management, and architectural experience in connecting disparate technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management.
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly available systems.
- Incredible attention to detail with a problem-solving approach.
- Expert communication skills with both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new complex technical concepts and resolve issues with them in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to discuss complex technical concepts with the technical staff, stakeholders, and business executives in a simple straightforward manner.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Superior customer service and client interfacing skills.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) and to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Azure / AWS development experience
- ITIL certified
- Experience and knowledge working within ServiceNow
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]