Software Development Manager, Storefront at Chewy
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a strong engineering leader to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
Are you inspired by innovation? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Chewy Storefront. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in cloud computing and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customer experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Chewy Storefront, we will give you the tools and support your need to innovate with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Chewy Storefront department is seeking a talented and motivated Software Development Manager within our Discover and Engage division. As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team designing and building services and features that enable the Chewy.com’s Home page, Navigation and PDP pages to provide solutions to several business and technology initiatives. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires technical leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. At Chewy, Software Development Managers will interact with product managers, understand our business goals, collaborate with other leaders, and innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and high-value functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a Software Development Manager at Chewy? You need to be creative, responsible, and curious while leading the team to move quickly to deliver results for our customers. You’re excited about designing and implementing solutions that scale and engaging customers to understand what’s needed to meet their needs. You’re able to think about business opportunities, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our service architecture in the course of a single conversation. You’re looking to lead and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
What You'll Do:
- Lead an engineering team to produce high quality, on-time solutions to address business needs
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional software and quality engineers
- Curate, groom, prioritize and maintain the technical backlog for Engineering driven initiatives
- Orchestrate storefront platform releases, insuring proper communication amongst multiple stakeholders
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership in making data driven decisions
- Champion quality initiatives and best practices to enable the team to continue to develop high quality, maintainable, and performance code
- Build and foster a strong engineering team and positive engineering culture
- Participate in strategic planning with product management, engineering management, and technical leads
- Take on responsibility for Storefront operational processes and procedures including incident management and on-call rotations
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and be able to convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner, particularly written communications
What You'll Need:
- Exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills
- 2+ years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of a strong and capable engineering team
- 7+ experience software development experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Experience in service oriented architecture
- Experience in designing, building, deploying, managing, monitoring, troubleshooting, and supporting large scale web applications
- Working knowledge of contemporary Cloud specific technology stack (AWS specifically)
- Familiarity/experience with quality engineering concepts and tools
- Experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in the latest trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Position may require travel
- Strong engineering background building Products that are ecommerce scale
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies
- Experience working with AWS technologies – EC2, Fargate, Docker, RDS, SQS, Lambda etc
- Scrum Master Certification
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]