Chewy is hiring a Software Development Manager for our Order Management System (OMS) team in Boston, MA. The OMS is a critical part of our custom e-commerce platform that is responsible for all business processes that need to occur on customer orders. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this platform. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as a technical contributor while leading a team of strong engineers building Chewy’s next generation order management platform. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of 3-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewy’s next generation Order Management System and complimentary products.
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams as the subject matter expert for your team.
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue to build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Fluency in 1 or more programming languages and database technologies
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Position may require travel
- E-commerce experience
- Java experience
- AWS development experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]