Software Development Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a member of the Dragon Medical One team, you will contribute towards releasing the highest quality products to our customers. You will work very closely with the technical team and product owners. The position holder is expected to actively contribute to development processes with a strong focus on software testing and software testing automation – working in a highly collaborative and global environment.
Dragon Medical One is a cloud-based, secure speech recognition solution for the healthcare market, enabling healthcare providers to efficiently document using their voice.
- Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the development process
- Software design, development, unit testing, testing and test-automation
- Contribution to requirements engineering and top-level design
- Design, implement and execute unit tests for code modules or components to ensure high quality code releases
- Perform peer design and code reviews
- Modelling, programming, testing, test-automation, continuous integration and contribution to software release activities
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks
- Produce and maintain high quality, scalable enterprise software
- Participate in functional and technical reviews/sprint reviews
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Bachalor's degree
Years of Experience: 2+
- Experience with C#, C++ development and scripting languages
- Design and develop automated unit, functional, regression and performance test programs or scripts based on libraries of reusable test code modules or functions
- Ability to develop and reinforce testing methods, procedures for measuring product quality, and determining release readiness
- Good with peer design and code reviews
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Professional software development experience
- Experience with continuous software integration and deployment
- Experience with product development for the Microsoft Azure platform
- Experience with Git
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo and other Atlassian tools
- Experience with development of Healthcare Information technology applications
- Familiarity with enterprise-level models of agile development (scrum at scale, SAFe or similar)
- Experience with professional product development in combination with speech recognition technologies and/or artificial intelligence
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.