Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Labs team is looking to add a Software Architect to our amazing team and work on exciting new projects in the automotive space! .We are all about experimentation and building new products that will drive the future growth of CarGurus. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
Our team is focused on finding unorthodox approaches to hard problems using data, asking better questions, measuring outcomes and quickly iterating on the solutions. We embrace the 80/20 rule.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing!
Recent examples of public initiatives are:
- P2P – Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, and secure.
- Instant Offers – Helping sellers who sell privately get the best offer from a local dealer through a real time auction.
- Finance & Digital Retail – Enabling car buying online, starting with financing transparency.
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What You’ll Do:
- Write and deploy production quality code
- Work with various groups in the company to get or collect relevant data
- Design, build and refine models for valuing assets that are in inefficient markets
- Work on recommendation engine for matching assets with buyers
- Create approaches and software to fight fraud on the CarGurus platform
- Create a reputation system for B2B transactions
- Build dynamic pricing schemes to increase volume of transactions while minimizing risk
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of industry experience (programming & data analytics/predictive analytics)
- Ability to write high quality code and tests
- Curiosity, equal desire to learn and teach
- Strong knowledge of Statistics, Probability and Mathematical Modeling
- Comfortable with Java or other modern OO language
- MYSQL experience is desired
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.