We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Lead a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Senior Technical Operations Engineer to design, build, and support our core infrastructure and information security systems, both in the cloud and on the premises. Our team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design, automation, and system implementation practices. We are growing as a TechOps/DevOps organization that believes in Scaling, Transforming, Automating, Innovating, having fun, and making a difference. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Technical Operations Engineer:
- Strong knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Windows & Linux).
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as Python or Powershell.
- Experience with automation tools such as Cloud Formation or Terraform.
- Help to develop metrics to measure system performance and implement best practices.
- Work as part of a team to discuss and collaborate on ideas and solutions.
- Can-do attitude and adaptive to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management skills, handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
- Solve difficult challenges while providing high level platform uptime and availability.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 5 -7 years of Windows and Linux system administration experience.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals.
- Ability to configure NGFW policy such as the Fortinet and Sonicwall NSa platforms.
- Experience working within AWS cloud infrastructure (S3, EC2, Glacier, EBS, ELB, Route 53, RDS, IAM).
- Demonstrated experience with VMware infrastructure supporting highly available server nodes. (VMotion, DRS, HA features).
- Knowledge of Dell EMC vSAN ready-nodes hardware.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, Cloudwatch, Whatsup Gold and Cacti.
- Comfortable working with IAAS solutions to automate as much as possible.
- Thirst to understand new technologies and engineer integrations between systems.
- Ability to translate engineered solutions to detailed technical documentation.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.