Senior Tableau Developer at Chewy
We are looking for a Senior Tableau Developer who will sit out of our Boston, MA office. We are a self-service analytics organization using the latest version of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server to support our users. Our business users are excellent in Tableau and produced fantastic dashboards. We need someone to join the Business Intelligence IT team that can help bring analytics to the next level.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate will have experience building amazing Tableau solutions from the ground up that are visually stunning, scalable, and very fast. In-depth knowledge of SQL and the ability to build and manage datasets is critical. Architectural understanding is also important, and the ability to speak to and work within a distributed multi-node environments is crucial. Knowledge and application of best practices regarding scalability, high-availability and performance are expected.
What you’ll need:
- 2-5 years of experience with Tableau and the ability to teach other Tableau developers is essential
- SQL experience, including the ability to troubleshoot queries and tune queries for performance
- Experience building business reporting solutions from the ground up
- Work closely with our business teams to understand business reporting, statistics and analytic requirements
- Develop scripts to support the automation of Tableau Server functionality
- Experience working with a large Tableau environment and the challenges that come with working within a SOX compliant environment
- Run training sessions and office hours for a 1000 person Tableau user community
- Act as a liaison to business teams to support development of advanced analytic solutions that leverage the data warehouse for information
- Design, develop, and implement visualizations for our business teams following effective design principles to support ongoing business analysis and operations
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, test, and deployment of new BI solutions
- Provide production support for new and existing BI solutions; resolve issues with reports and data as identified by users.
- Position may require travel (25%)
- Please be prepared to present samples of Tableau dashboards you have created or a Tableau public profile.
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science, mathematics or related field
- Training in visualization science
- Tableau Certification
- Strong Tableau Server administrative experience