Senior Software Engineer, Storefront
Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, for our Storefront team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure to millions of customers, influencing the vision and implementation of designs and features for this critical platform. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually re-imagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative environment, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a motivated, energetic individual with excellent communication skills, who is a standout colleague, but is also ready to question assumptions and take initiative. As part of the Storefront team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with design, product, and operation groups to deliver frequent web application iterations in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for supporting the vision, strategic product roadmap, and development of the Chewy.com website. You will have a significant impact on this critical platform, which interacts with customer, order, catalog management, pricing tools, search, personalization, and operational analytics. Working with other technology teams, you’ll design and build workflows and interfaces that drive the primary interface with Chewy’s customers. You’ll write simple and sustainable code that reflects a deep understanding of the business and contributes meaningfully to the success of your team.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in a statically typed general purpose programming languages such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, C#, Swift, Objective-C, GO
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience in web technologies such as ES6, Reactive MVC / MVVM Frameworks, HTML5, Stripes, Spring MVC.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Solid understanding of CS fundamental data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers
- A strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality.
- Experience in multiple programing paradigms
- Experience in working in the business domain of e-commerce
- Knowledge of protocol buffers, gRPC
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Asynchronous programming patterns
- Large scale public facing websites
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)