Senior Software Engineer - Mautic at Acquia
With the acquisition of Mautic, creator of the world’s only open marketing automation and campaign management platform, Acquia and Mautic form the only open alternative to expensive, closed, stagnant marketing clouds, expanding Acquia’s vision to offer the industry's first Open Digital Experience Platform. Customers can now automate, personalize, and measure the entire customer lifecycle – across every channel, at every stage, and at every interaction.
Do you have strong PHP knowledge? Are you currently a full stack engineer or want to become one? Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing organization where driving growth is part of the culture? Glad you're still reading! Mautic is seeking a talented engineer who will be a critical member of our R&D organization.
We look for engineers who are capable of contributing on any area of our tech stack and are willing to expand their knowledge to others. Our tech stack includes PHP, MySQL, Vue.js, CrateDB, Symfony, Laravel, Doctrine, Linux OS, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Beanstalk, Github, and more. We are also introducing machine learning to our system and need the expertise.
We are an agile organization that cares about quality, and are always seeking to improve our engineering practices and processes. We use Jenkins and Travis for coding standards, static analysis, unit and system tests. Code review is part of our routine. We are shifting towards a microservices architecture and constantly contributing to the open source community.
- Extensive experience in Software Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Passion for best practices in design and coding, and a desire to develop bold new ideas
- Expert knowledge in clean, secure PHP object-oriented programming
- Advanced skills in PHP automated testing (i.e. PHPUnit)
- Advanced skill in MySQL with optimized query design
- Ability to setup and maintain a local dev environment
- Comfortable using git and git submodules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player in distributed and cross team environments
- Must be self motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be comfortable with giving and receiving feedback, code reviews, giving and asking for assistance from other team members, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in Symfony and/or Laravel
- Advanced skill in REST API design specifically OpenAPI specification
- Experience contributing to an open source community
- Experience building scalable, SaaS web applications
- Strong skills and experience in database design
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and/or microservices in general
- Basic understanding of marketing tools and jargon
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.