Senior Software Engineer - Mac Infrastructure SRE at CircleCI
CircleCI seeks an experienced engineer who is excited to help shape the future of Mac support. We’re growing fast and looking for folks to join our mission: enabling thousands of developers to do better work every single day.
You'll join a highly distributed team building features and services designed specifically for Mac and iOS developers. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning. You’ll be part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day.
This role focuses specifically on building out and supporting our private Mac cloud.You will have direct impact in the following ways:
- Designing & building the next iteration of CircleCI’s Mac and iOS support.
- Fostering a culture of observability and monitoring; helping your team use operational data to improve the stability and performance of our systems.
- Solve complex operational challenges in tandem with other teams from engineering, SRE, and support.
- Writing sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Owning micro-services throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Partnering with product owners to set the direction of our platform.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation.
Do you love collaboration and teamwork? Are you eager to learn new things and help others learn, too? Are you a strong communicator in both synchronous and asynchronous mediums? If so, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience developing and operating production micro-services and distributed systems.
- Previous experience with macOS and its ecosystem.
- 3+ years experience with Go, Java, and/or Clojure and willingness to learn new languages.
- Prior experience with automating Docker, VMWare ESXi, and/or other virtualization technologies.
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
- SRE or DevOps background preferred.
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E4. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.How to apply:
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and a cover letter if you’d like to let us know describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI:
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.