At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Senior Software Engineer II is responsible for building the software that enables our digital care management platform, while mentoring junior engineers on the team. They accomplish this by working closely with other engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists. The Senior Software Engineer II sits within the Engineering department and reports to a Manager of Software Engineering. Success in this role is demonstrated by translating business requirements that have an impact on patient care into high quality solutions coded with security and privacy best practices in mind.
The Care management team uses technology to improve care manager adoption and deploy complex care teams. The team is seeking a passionate and a curious engineer who has the ability to collaborate across teams, and can display humility and tenacity in their day to day tasks. The candidate will get an opportunity to work in healthcare technology and see how we improve care management.
Areas of Responsibility:
Translate user stories into software solutions (50%)
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand the business problems.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience.
- Validate design approach with other senior engineers.
- Write automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality.
Debug and fix production issues (20%)
- Participate in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have exemplar uptime and reliability.
- Work with our customer support team to debug and fix bugs affecting our users.
Lead initiatives (10%)
- Work with product managers and scrum masters to lead the definition and decomposition of big initiatives.
- Lead the technical delivery of the initiative from design to deployment.
Mentor Software Engineers (10%)
- Work closely with software engineers to guide their technical and career growth.
Scope out complexity of future work (10%)
- Work with product managers and scrum masters to develop proof of concepts and estimates for future work.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 5 years development experience building SaaS or cloud-based commercial software products.
- Experienced with backend frameworks such as Spring or Ruby on Rails .Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python.
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions — knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma.
- Demonstrable history of technical mentorship. Experience leading complex initiatives from technical design to delivery. Thrives on diverse technical challenges — our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.