Senior Software Engineer (Growth)
Drift is looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join our Growth team responsible for conversion and revenue. Drift has extremely aggressive revenue growth goals and our Growth team is instrumental in the success of our team.
Our VP of Growth has crazy ideas that surprisingly work, and we need great engineers to make the ideas reality As a Senior Engineer on the growth team, you will be working closely with both the VP and the team leads to design, build, and deploy high impact projects on a daily basis.
What you'll do:
- Architect robust RESTful services to collect and provide data on potential customers.
- Craft highly efficient, customized campaigns to automate outreach.
- Work closely with Data Science and Operations to gather business intelligence firm-wide and make recommendations to improve the entire company.
- Operate and maintain enterprise-scale databases and external integrations.
What we're looking for:
- You often collaborate with senior engineers and business leaders across organizations and disciplines.
- You have an academic background in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have at least 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You have designed, built, and maintained REST APIs for use in production.
- You can architect RESTful services and understand concepts such as batching, versioning, and idempotency.
- You have extensive experience with Java - we use Java 8 and DropWizard.
- Experience in Python, React/Redux, and/or Node.js.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area.
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same).
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.