Senior Software Engineer, Fulfillment
Chewy is looking for a Senior Java Engineer for our Fulfillment Systems team in Boston, MA. This individual will work to expand our internal Fulfillment Web Applications. You’ll create intuitive and natural interfaces for our internal Leadership Teams to help them manage the Fulfillment business.
What you'll do:
Working with other technology teams, you and your team will design and build user interfaces that provide critical visibility to our Leadership teams to effectively manage and run the Fulfillment Centers. You’ll integrate with and extract from other critical Fulfillment, Supply Chain, and Business Intelligence systems. You will write simple and sustainable code that reflects a constant understanding of the business impacts. This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving startup and have a significant role in its success. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team.
- Prototype and develop new interfaces for internal applications with web technologies.
- Build responsive sites for desktop web experiences.
- Interact with the application stack to access and store information in a comprehensive Fulfillment ecosystem.
- Create and execute integration and user experience testing plans.
- Work in an Agile development environment, collaborating with multiple Fulfillment teams.
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize benefit to the business.
What you'll need:
- 3+ year’s production experience creating modern web experiences.
- Strong knowledge in Java
- Experience with Spring Boot, Hibernate, and JPA.
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of fulfillment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Test automation experience (selenium, webdriver, mocha, jasmine, etc).
- Experience in a fulfillment or e-commerce environment
- AWS experience
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies.
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]