Senior Software Engineer - Fulfillment & Logistics at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Fulfillment Applications team in Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, or Plantation, FL. This individual will be responsible for helping the team deliver and expand our portfolio of critical Fulfillment applications used by our internal users to help them manage various aspects of Fulfillment Center operations effectively.
What you'll do:
Working with other technology teams, you and your team will design and build software systems that enable planning, resourcing tracking, utilization and automation in Chewy Fulfillment Centers, providing Leadership teams with automated systems for effective decision making. You’ll integrate with and extract from other critical Fulfillment, Supply Chain, and Business Intelligence systems. You will own entire life-cycle of product development while innovating and envisioning for long term technology. This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving team to create large influence and have a significant role in its success. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team.
- Prototype and develop new software systems with web and cloud technologies.
- Design and develop distributed systems for cloud computing.
- Interact with the application stack to access and store information in a comprehensive Fulfillment ecosystem.
- Lead different tech teams and large project/product development while guiding junior team members with best practices.
- Work in an Agile development environment, collaborating with multiple cross functional teams.
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize benefit to the business.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ year’s production experience working on modern software systems solving problems of scale and performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of fulfillment.
- Experience building e-commerce/ Supply chain / Fulfillment / Internet applications.
- Experience leading technical teams while providing technology direction/guidance.
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies.
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.