Senior Software Engineer, Frontend - Pet Health at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy’s Pet Health is on a mission to build innovative solutions for our customers and our partner vets, such as our recent launch of Chewy’s first Telehealth service and Compounding Pharmacy. Engineering plays a critical role in defining and executing our platform roadmap. We take time to understand the “why” before we start shaping up the “how.” We celebrate engineering successes and promote a blameless, continuous learning and improvement engineering environment & culture. We set high standards for delivering production-ready code by adopting CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous deployment) and DevOps engineering best practices. Our engineers are encouraged to contribute ideas and code to our own platform and to other partner teams.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on the frontend for the Pet Health development team, you will be architecting and building scalable user experiences. You will lead the architecture and build of production-ready code, enforcing CI/CD processes to ensure speed and quality in building and deploying code. Your work will directly impact millions of customers who care for their furry family members every day.
- Architect, build, deploy and scale frontend Single Page Applications (SPAs).
- Adhere to enterprise architecture and coding standards.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers to deliver the best quality code through design and code reviews.
- Build a culture of innovation through rapid prototyping and continuous delivery to production.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies such as grooming, planning, demos and retros.
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience architecting, building, deploying, testing and evolving responsive user experiences
- Experience architecting and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experienced with using Docker, Jenkins and cloud technologies in a CI/CD environment
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or similar technical field of study preferred), or equivalent work experience
- Experience in e-commerce or Healthcare
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress, or similar automated testing tools
- Experience with webRTC
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or similar tool
- Experience in Java or other backend programming languages
- Experience in Kubernetes and Helm Charts
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]