First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
• Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
• Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in this role and check out our engineering blog here!
• You'll design, develop, debug, and test code to support our software products. You’ll understand requirements and translate them into production-worthy capabilities to make progress on our product roadmap and planned customer commits.
• You’ll develop unit and integration tests to ensure quality of the code.
• You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
• You’ll ensure stories are on track to be delivered with the sprint.
• You’ll escalate issues if the stories begin to go off track and work with your team to make necessary corrections to mitigate overall project risk.
• You’ll embrace and consistently apply best practices, coding standards, and patterns for development and deployment of your code.
• You’ll mentor more junior engineers on those best practices and patterns.
• You’ll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system.
• You’ll address outages in a timely manner in order to accomplish our technology platform SLAs.
• You’ll work on design and architecture investigations.
Respect - How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills -
You’ll use your 4+ years programming experience to:
• Help accomplish the goals of your Agile team through your design and programming skills
• Accurately estimate work for the sprint cycle and proactively provide updates on your status.
• Communicate adjustments to your estimates as you have new information in order to ensure your Product Owner can set appropriate expectations about availability of value being delivered by your team.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
• Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
• Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
• Research new libraries and components to add to our system.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
• Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project
• Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
• Mentor fellow and junior engineers
• Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
Empowerment - How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
• You commit quality code (lots!) reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
• You regularly write excellent documentation.
• You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are reliable team member
• You provide timely feedback on designs and code changes and share technical insights, learnings, and best practices with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
Where You’ll Go From Here
• Kyruuvians in the Senior Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here you could become either a Principal Software Engineer I or a Manager, Engineering. From there, Kyruuvians can either become Principal Software Engineer, then Software Architect or continue on a management path to Senior Manager, Engineering and then Director, Engineering.
• Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.
Read Full Job Description