We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a meaningful role on a new and growing team responsible for transforming the way restaurants manage and connect with their employees. The team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
As an engineer on the Employee Cloud team, you will be:
- Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Building new features and products
- Surveying and evaluating available technology options
- Actively contributing to product design and roadmap discussions
- Participating in code reviews
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning
- Known for having a get unblocked attitude
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.