Senior Software Engineer - Developer Experience at Klaviyo (Greater Boston Area, MA)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
With Klaviyo’s explosive growth, we are looking for a software engineer to help build Klaviyo’s future as a platform for developers. For this, Klaviyo needs to build a robust set of tools giving developers and partners the functionality to extend the Klaviyo ecosystem by building new integrations and applications.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data platform built for massive scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines. Our development community is incredibly diverse, so an effective member of this team needs to be comfortable working with any modern programming language across various platforms and environments.
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Java, Node
- Django, React, RabbitMQ, Celery, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.)Terraform, OpenAPI, Swagger CodeGen, Jenkins, Travis and other modern DevOps tools
We at Klaviyo want to build the best-in-class experience for developers. This is a newly formed team, so incoming members will be responsible for building the foundation of the developer experience at Klaviyo. You will be building on top of existing tools and also creating net new product features. You will have an opportunity to make a major impact on the direction and priorities of the team.
As an engineer on this team, you will be responsible for building and managing Klaviyo’s developer-facing tooling for developers. This includes developer application review, certifications, management of credentials, documentation, reference code/apps, SDKs, CLIs and APIs.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a software engineering discipline
- Significant experience with full stack application development
- Experience working with both monolithic and microservices architectures
- Good understanding of REST APIs. Knowledge of GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building auto-generated code and documentation (OpenAPISpec, Swagger-codegen)
- Experience building client-facing, secure, performant APIs
- Experience working on developer experience related products
- Experience with building and managing SDKs, CLIs and reference apps
- Experience building libraries and tools for external/3rd party developers
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.