Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Technology Organization:
The mission of the technology team is to provide the super powered infrastructure that enables Thras.io to operate the most efficient, innovative, and effective next generation consumer products company in the world. If you are interested in working with large data systems, applying data science and predictive analytics, or building powerful interfaces for internal business customers then you will find those opportunities at Thrasio.
The Data Connectivity Team designs, builds and maintains the integrated platform that securely procures and links critical business data from disparate internal and external sources. This involves assimilating all structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and normalizing it to a form conducive to Thrasio’s business needs (think supply chain, marketing, finance). We are the first mile in Thrasio’s data engine and a critical part of enabling Thrasio to continue making successful business decisions.
Please note that we are hiring at all senior levels, and will make a recommendation for best level and team fit during our interview process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and operate highly scalable, high-performance, and low-cost data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms with AWS/cloud technologies.
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists in the organization to construct complex data sources for Metrics, algorithms and machine learning models
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Own and Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Mentor and support junior engineers on the team
- Create and support batch and real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including API gateway, Glue, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda, and Redshift.
- Develop tools, plug-ins, and solutions for CI/CD workflow using tools such as Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Docker, Github, and other microservices.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, or related fields
- Passion for building scalable solutions that enable the extraction and processing of big data sets to enable accurate decision making
- Proficiency in any object oriented programming language. Thrasio primarily uses Python, however engineers come from a diverse set of programming backgrounds with prior experience in C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Ability to write and interpret complex SQL statements.
- Knowledge and strong advocate for software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Nice to have, but not required:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Analytics or an equivalent quantitative degree.
- Experience in designing micro services based applications and data pipelines
- Experience using data transformation tools such as panda, pyspark, etc.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (S3, Redshift, EMR, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, API gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, Step Function etc).
- Experience with web browser automation technologies such as Selenium.
- Experience using workflow management platforms such as Airflow.
- Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus.
- Experience with software configuration management tools (Git) and CI/CD pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, CircleCI, etc.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.