Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ Platform team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Build and Delivery Platform. The Build and Delivery Platform team plays a key role for CarGurus to operate at scale. We are constantly modernizing our technology platform and are looking to define key architectural capabilities, guide development teams on their successful implementation, and ensure features and code can reliably and quickly make it into production.
What You'll Do:
- Work on new and existing projects such as our build pipelines, CI/CD environments, data streaming platform, container & micro-services infrastructure
- Define our platform roadmap
- Deliver features consistently
- Work with other teams to roll out platform updates and mentor other engineers
- Have a large impact in delivering a high-quality development environment with great quality code and products
Who You Are:
- Experienced with distributed, high performance and loosely coupled systems
- Have a deep understanding of distributed messaging systems, modern search engines and various data storage and retrieval techniques
- Fluent in at least one programming language, preferably on the JVM
- Biased towards using data to arrive at decisions
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.