With the continued impact of COVID-19 and social distancing measures, Kensho is conducting all interviews and on-boarding activities remotely. At the present time, all employees are working remotely, until further notice. When the time comes to open our offices, Kensho will fully support those employees who would like to continue working remotely and not ask anyone to return to the office until they are comfortable.
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the freedom, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. We produce a suite of AI-powered solutions that solves the challenges of the largest, most successful businesses and institutions, helping them make sense out of a world full of messy data.
As a Back End Software Engineer on the Applications Team, you will be responsible for building the backend infrastructure that our web applications depend on. Our Applications Team is a tight-knit and high-velocity team that’s responsible for the web products across Kensho.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that transform the way we think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our growth oriented, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- You will write robust, scalable, and well-tested code for integrating all kinds of data into Kensho's systems
- You will help make Kensho's data easily accessible internally through easy to use, performant and well documented APIs
- You will work on rapidly prototyping new services to accommodate other projects and teams' needs
- You will architect and build performant services with an emphasis on scalability and reliability
Technologies You’ll Use:
- Django, Django REST Framework, Celery, Python3, PostgreSQL, gRPC
- Git, Phabricator, Docker, Jenkins
- SAML, OAuth
What You'll Need:
- You have 3+ years developing web applications or other software within a team
- You have experience working on web application back-ends and APIs
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- You have experience profiling and optimizing systems, especially distributed ones
- You have familiarity designing and building wide-reaching systems
- You communicate thoroughly and effectively
How to Really Get Our Attention
- You have open source project contributions, research, publications, or patents demonstrating innovation and initiative
- You exhibit excitement and readiness to work in a collaborative environment
- You seek the opportunity to accept and give constructive criticism and to brainstorm with fellow team members
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.