Senior Software Architect
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
As a Senior Software Architect at CarGurus, you will provide technical leadership in a fast-moving, data-driven environment. You will be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving software. You will deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers. You will own your projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn search and / or related technologies like ElasticSearch
- Able to conceptualize, develop, test, and release product
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with building scalable websites (ecommerce) or large-scale applications
- S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.