More About the Role
Are you an engineer familiar with stability challenges of running large scale Ruby on Rails applications? Then we'd love to get your help! As our business grows, our Ruby stack needs to evolve with it. As we discover new bottlenecks, gaps in observability, manual processes that can be automated, incidents that could have been prevented, services that can be architected to self-heal so that engineers can keep sleeping at night, we make plans to address them. If you join us, you would do just that: help us identify stability concerns in our services and processes, help us quantify their priority, and work with the engineering teams to implement solutions. You wouldn't do this just by yourself, of course. You would join a growing SRE team focused on ensuring stability of our Ruby applications. In addition, you would be part of a vibrant SRE team across Grubhub. There are 50+ of us and growing. Come and check us out!
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Represent the values and goals of Site Reliability Engineering
- Define, maintain, and manage Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Be a subject matter expert on how the platform operates (service discovery, load balancing, monitoring/metrics, et cetera) and how to ensure it does so reliably
- Contribute to Architectural designs
- Ruby on Rails
- Linux (Ubuntu)
What You Bring to the Table
- Being embedded within a Software Engineering team
- Writing testable code in Python (and other scripting languages)
- Experience building and maintaining
- REST/RPC APIs
- Highly available architecture
- Continuous delivery
- Monitoring best practices
- Service discovery
- Load testing
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.