The Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud at the Edge will have the chance to influence the decisions of a new organization. Cloud Engineers within the Edge team are trusted to own major parts of the cloud infrastructure, and we expect you to thrive as a leader in spearheading and shaping the technology direction, with support from your peers.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud implements, enhances, supports and automates infrastructure in our Google Cloud Platform. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer works on assignments that involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of operational or security issues, performance and related data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable cloud workloads and services.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud works with cloud infrastructure, software engineering and test teams to drive products from design completion to production release. In this role performs cloud engineering tests to verify and validate product designs, including availability, performance and security. Ensures that product implementation schedules are followed, participates in routine planning of cloud infrastructure services that support new product features and engineering requirements, and cloud services meet specifications, scalability, security and quality requirements. Interacts with product teams, service delivery leaders and engineering to analyze and provide technical support to help resolve cloud infrastructure related problems/issues. Works with Cloud Infrastructure, Security and Technology leadership to develop and maintain cloud operational excellence. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex cloud infrastructure issues regarding technical approach, operational support, and work is performed with minimal direction.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of infrastructure technical leadership experience, 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure as code, cloud (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) infrastructure, security principals and operations, CI/CD tooling and processes
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and application monitoring, event management, triaging and operational automation
- Good understanding of scripting languages used in automation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to senior leaders
- Advanced experience leading infrastructure support, operations, automation and producing metrics, measurements and trend reports
- Experience with ensuring proper controls are established and maintained over production systems and infrastructure services
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree
- Cloud certifications (Professional/Architect level preferred)