Senior Salesforce Developer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:20 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on solving complex problems, taking ownership, and implementing solutions to address business needs.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will be responsible for design, development, testing, and delivery in support of full application lifecycle projects, utilizing both commercial and custom-developed software through a partnership with Business and Technology stakeholders throughout the organization.
The Senior Developer will communicate and interface well with peers and user groups who have varying degrees of technical ability. You must have the ability to understand documented and verbal user requirements and be able to translate these into a technical reality that is efficient, extendable, and maintainable.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a lead technical designer/developer for Sales & Marketing applications, centered around the Salesforce.com platform; understand and communicate functionality, identify risks, manage change, and design solutions that are scalable and cost-effective
- Partner with various product owners and stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, Services, and Finance to implement and roll out new cloud applications, integrations, and platform enhancements
- Design scalable enterprise solutions and lead team members and/or development partners through implementation
- Participate in product/platform selection processes. Recommend build vs. buy when it comes to integrations with internal systems or external services
- Work with middleware platforms to design, develop and deploy integration services that operate efficiently and accurately in a global environment
- Operate effectively leading Agile and Scrum application development methodologies and support continuous improvement of technical delivery processes. Analyze data, identify trends and correct data quality issues
- Design and document system data flows, integration mappings, object models, and other relevant technical aspects of the platform. Develop and maintain system documentation library
- Mentor and develop junior staff using code reviews, development standards, sandbox strategies, and implementation best practices
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in Salesforce.com development with 3+ years serving in a senior role
- Strong functional understanding of Salesforce.com usage within an integrated, full-cycle, lead-to-cash operational environment that is global in scale
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in APEX language, triggers, controllers, components, VisualForce, Force.com SOAP/REST APIs, outbound messaging, and JSON
- Proven experience with enterprise-scale integration methodologies, platforms, and techniques supporting data exchange to-and-from Salesforce.com
- Experience with leading and coordinating development efforts across a hybrid team of both internal and external developers residing in distributed locations
Nice to Have
- Prior design and development experience with Salesforce community sites and customer self-service portals, integrating Salesforce with Marketing Automation platforms, and integration development using the Dell Boomi platform
- Achieved or worked towards Platform Developer I / II certifications
- Prior usage of Agile project tracking tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]