Senior Salesforce Developer at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
What You'll Do:
You have deep technical expertise with Salesforce, and experience working with development teams and business leaders to craft innovative, highly visible, solutions that will have an impact to your team and your organization.
CarGurus is invested in its employees and the future of our enterprise systems. This includes investment in technologies such as Salesforce, Boomi, Zuora, Marketo, Skuid, and many others. But most importantly this investment includes top talent, like you, to leverage these platforms for success. You will work with a team of highly-skilled Salesforce developers and business stakeholders. We have many exciting projects coming up over the next year and beyond, including but limited to the following:
- Replatform effort to take an aging and overloaded salesforce instance into a fresh instance
- Lightning focused development for our fresh instance
- CI/CD reimplementation with Scratch Orgs and SFDX
- CPQ enhancements as the CarGurus product catalog continues to expand
CarGurus Enterprise Applications team is looking for Senior Salesforce Developer to deliver Salesforce solution definition, implementation, customization, integration, and managed services for clients which will include, but isn’t limited to the following:
- Participate in solution design, documentation and delivery efforts
- Help define standard methodologies for Enterprise Application Development as the team and organization scales
- Supports a detailed functional design document to match business requirements
- Collaborate with a team of Salesforce Architects, Developers, and Engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Participate and lead, when needed, project meetings with stakeholders
- Supports business process due diligence, creation, and documentation of end-user requirements of new and/or existing customer application implementation projects
- Act as a key contributor in the design of customized solutions and execute the solution by leveraging SFDC and other toolsets
- Build, communicate and execute deployment plan
- Manage client expectations and maintain communication throughout the course of the project
- Engage with customers on additional requirements and business needs
- Design and develop workflows and assignment rules to automate manual processes
- Build and maintain system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
Who You Are:
- Strong grasp of Salesforce essentials e.g. products, opportunities, leads, reporting, security/sharing, automation (workflow rules, process builder), and importing data (typically from spreadsheets)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously; workload will be a blend of small, medium, and large implementation projects
- Ideally 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-level applications, with at least 4 years in the Salesforce platform
- Expertise of Salesforce technologies such as Lightning, Visualforce, Apex, SQL & SOSL, Data Loader, Triggers, etc.
- Experience in JSON, REST API's, Web Services
- Ability to integrate across an Enterprise application environment, (nice to haves include Einstein, Service Cloud, Wave Analytics, Docusign, Marketo)
- Experience with Salesforce Implementation across multiple countries a plus!
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We seek to build a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.