At Chewy, we strive to deliver the best products with the best service – and we want to become even better. Happy customers are always our #1 priority, and our team members are passionate about finding new ways to wow both pet owners and the industry at large.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Release Engineer to join our Platform Engineering group! Our mission is to provide a Continuous Integration and Deployment platform to enable our engineering teams to iterate faster, more safely, and at scale.
You will combine software and systems engineering to build and run distributed, fault-tolerant pipelines with a focus on optimizing velocity and MLT (mean lead time for changes) through automation and self-service enablement. At Chewy, we encourage Innovation, problem solving, and openness.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage in and improve from inception to delivery the pipelines for all products within Chewy
- Develop automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability, security, and velocity
- Collaborate with other engineers to establish and refine org-wide best practices, service ecosystem, data flows, reference architectures, reusable modules, and tooling.
- Establish, champion, and implement standards and best practices that enable automated test and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
Who you are:
- Passionate and highly experienced in CI/CD solutions
- Shoulders responsibility for failures and drives subsequent iteration in pursuit of success
- Ready to tackle and break down legacy monolithic platforms into a distributed system
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly
- Excited for a fast paced, constantly evolving cloud-based company in a highly demanding e-commerce industry
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com