Senior Principal Software Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Work with a team of developers, QA, and other stakeholders in the design and development of new features in the industry leading PowerScribe platform for radiology reporting. Streamline workflows for medical staff that rely on PowerScribe to produce comprehensive clinical documentation. The candidate will be self-motivated and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an agile software development process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, code, and test application components in the .NET Framework and C# language
- Document technical designs and program logic
- Write complete and detailed unit and integration tests
- Provide technical leadership to development teams
- Troubleshoot and resolve application defects
- Handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ensure effective communication between engineers and all other participants in the design process
- Work effectively with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Participate in external project interactions with other vendors and organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of the C# language and Microsoft .NET Framework / .NET Core
- Hands on experience with user interface development technologies (WPF and/or ASP.NET)
- Demonstrated object-oriented design experience
- Familiarity with services and cloud-based architectures
- Expertise in Microsoft Development tools (Visual Studio, .NET Framework)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and motivate technical teams
Education: BS in Computer Science or related discipline
Years of Experience: 10+
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio creating multi-tier applications using C#
- Experience creating user interfaces with WPF and/or ASP.NET
- Experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded, enterprise grade applications
- Knowledge of UML and the ability to author a detailed design specification
- Experience in Agile software development process including Scrum
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills (written, oral, listening)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent technical, analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with large distributed systems
- Experience with cloud-based deployments (Azure a big plus)
- Database design and programming using SQL Server
- Experience with ASP.NET Core
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence), Git, and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Telerik UI a plus
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems and standards a plus
- Experience with Speech Recognition Software a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.