As a Sr. Principal Software Architect you will Architect cloud native technology for SaaS development projects. If you are a results-oriented technologist who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented and cross-functional environment this is the right job for you.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects and markets. Create prototypes of cutting-edge product features and communicate the benefits to stakeholders and teams.
- Create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Generate conceptual/logical architectures, and risk assessments
- Initiate and lead formal and informal reviews of ideas and technical objectives - promote ideas and practices which drive innovation
- Work with product management to define, architect and deliver scalable and resilient cloud systems.
- Communicate effectively with developers, product owners and others about project progress and risk, presenting alternative approaches and plans when appropriate
- Review and develop business strategy and technical architecture for integration with third party technologies.
- Grow and mentor engineers in the organization.
- 4+ years of experience designing highly scalable cloud software solutions as a Software Architect.
- Minimum of 8 years of JAVA development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain complex business and technical topics to both technical and non-technical resources
- Experience managing or delivering product and/or projects to large-scale enterprises
- Good knowledge in Core Java.
- Relational Database experience with (AzureSQL) and NoSQL (CosmosDB) or similar.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Good understanding of applications in clustered deployments and distributed systems
- Experience deploying software in containers like Docker
- Experience setting up, deploying, and running cloud native workloads using Kubernetes, microservices, and other cloud native technologies.
- Experience using Kubernetes and cloud security constructs to manage and secure cloud environments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate successfully to both internal and external team members.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
#Java, #softwarearchitect, #cloudtechnology, #docker, #kubernetes
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.