Senior Principal Security Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Senior Principle Security Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of trusted products and systems as a member of the Nuance Global Security Team. This is a senior role where the successful candidate will support the development of Nuance products and systems by planning and executing penetration tests and advise the product technical teams on effective mitigations patterns for any discovered vulnerabilities. In addition will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Penetration Testing and will provide leadership for the Penetration Testing service within the Global Security team.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Nuance Global Security product security and vulnerability management services
- Be able to plan and schedule Penetration Tests
- Execute penetration tests, following a trusted methodology, review findings, give mitigation guidance and publish final reports.
- Manage and review third party executed tests and tests executed by other internal teams
- Document test execution procedures, standards as well as test reports, both Summary, Full and Redacted.
- Direct junior personnel, coach and assist in the execution for penetration tests and/or segmentation tests
- Coordinating with other Global Security Services teams to ensure that Vulnerabilities are effectively reported and managed.
Education: Bachelors Degree; Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Minimum years of work experience: 12+ years experience
- Deep Understanding of networking, web application, API and Internet security
- Deep understanding and experience of Penetration Testing principles, methodologies and tooling
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Team principles
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional areas
- Certified with Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and ideally OSCP
- IT Programming experience
- Team leadership experience
- Knowledge of regulatory standards – e.g. NIST 800-115 , CHECK
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.