Senior Mobile Engineer - Consumer Toast App at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take responsibility for building new, innovative solutions to expand how Guests interact digitally with restaurants. As well as providing a cutting edge point of sale system for restaurants, Toast processes billions of dollars of payments through consumer experiences. As we build new solutions to meet the needs of our customers and their guests, we are experimenting with the latest technology like iOS App Clips or Android Instant Apps. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of digital restaurant experiences both inside and outside of restaurants.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Experiment directly with Guests and Restaurants to test new dining experiences
- Ship code that has a massive impact on helping restaurants thrive
- Be part of a team working collaboratively Research, Design, Product and other engineers
- Champion best practices for development, deployment and quality life-cycles
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience building high quality native iOS or Android experiences
- Experience with mobile testing culture in an agile environment
- Experience working with backend technologies is encouraged but not required
- Enjoy being a force multiplier for the individuals on your teams through leadership behaviors
- Defined best practices to help your team deliver impact
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Tech Stack
We develop our native apps on iOS and Android using Swift and Kotlin both of which follow a VIPER architecture. Both apps use Apollo GraphQL for a majority of their API models and networking. Our backend services use Java, Kotlin, or Node.js. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda.