Senior Manager - Embedded Hardware, Sensors, and Controls at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Embedded hardware, sensors, and control systems are at the heart of all Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. The embedded system is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As the Senior Manager for Embedded Hardware, Sensors, and Controls, you will lead a combination of ICs and managers in electrical engineering, firmware development, and systems integration. The team size will reach 20+ people in the short term. More importantly, you and your team will be responsible for developing and implementing electronics, firmware, sensors, and control systems across the entire Formlabs product portfolio.
- Lead a team that designs and integrates all electronics and sensors into Formlabs products; both the hardware and the low level firmware
- Lead high level architecture decision making for computer systems, sensor technologies, actuators, and firmware architecture within the products
- Research external products and new technologies to ensure Formlabs products continue to use state of the art electronics and sensing technologies
- Balance customer value, cost, and engineering effort to develop the optimal embedded systems for each product
- Deploy resources across programs, prioritize assignments, and hire top level engineers to build a balanced and dynamic team
- Are an expert in embedded systems and sensors for complex, high precision products
- Have lead and can grow a high performance engineering team
- Have a history of developing successful products in a fast paced environment
- Are a hands on contributor actively involved in the daily activities and technical decisions of your team
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.