Senior Manager - Automation Platform at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:19 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Are you passionate about working as part of a software engineering team with the talent, energy, and financial backing to deliver industry-changing cloud-based applications built on a content platform? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every four months?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced and energetic leader for the Automation Tools and Infrastructure team for the Veeva Vault Platform team. This is a hands-on role where you will be leading a team of highly talented engineers who are helping us build a solid automation platform: a. That can operate at scale b. Can be used/ extended by application teams with ease/autonomy (self-service model).
If that's not exciting enough, we run over 100K tests in our CI/CD pipeline every day, dynamically spin up 100s of servers in the cloud to power automation runs and have some pretty sophisticated tooling in place to consume the results.
What You’ll Do
- As a leader for this team, you will be responsible for owning and driving the overall vision and product roadmap, from inception to delivery, and produce metrics to show the same.
- You will work closely with our cross-functional product teams located in Pleasanton: CA, Boston: MA, Toronto: Canada, Oxford: UK, and Hyderabad: India offices to understand opportunities/pain points, evaluate tools/new technologies, identify solutions, implement changes and roll out new products/features our customers love to use.
- Be responsible for hiring talented engineers/ developing & supporting career growth for existing highly talented engineers both in the US and India (Hyderabad).
- You will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations and overall quality of deliverables, ensuring we continue to operate smoothly as a team.
- 15+ years as an engineering leader (Preferably Dev/DevOps) operating in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years of people management experience managing a geographically dispersed team of 10-15 engineers. Have experience building/ growing a team from the ground up.
- 3+ years where you have served in a role where you have driven the product strategy/ vision for a team/ line of product. Built & released products (external/ internal) you are proud of and that have been used by customers.
- You have a strong understanding & experience of SDLC (Agile), Branching, Automation Frameworks, Release Processes, and CI/CD.
- You are comfortable and poised when dealing with ambiguities and can thrive in an environment with competing priorities
- Hands-on experience with
- Prior experience working with Cucumber, Selenium, GIT, Jenkins, ELK, JIRA, Confluence
- Public cloud service providers such as AWS
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with a SaaS product
- Experience with Tableau, BrowserStack, Sealights (or a different Code Coverage tool)
- Experience with mobile applications automation frameworks like appium or equivalent
- Experience working in the Health Sciences and Lifecare industry
- Sense of humor and be able to take things in your stride
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health insurance with generous coverage limits
- Fixed bonus in the form of RSUs and Stock options
- Allowance for wellness & fitness programs
- Winter break
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]