Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
What You'll Do:
- Help deliver high quality experiences that delight our users.
- Utilize appropriate frameworks to create highly maintainable code.
- Have a say in future direction of technologies and best practices.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience; ideally in fast paced environments; we are pushing new code daily
- A fundamental understanding of data structures with the ability to classify the complexity of algorithms.
- Familiarity with Node.js and its corresponding ecosystem.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- Familiarity with Git or other control systems
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zones, to evaluate and work with new technologies
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.