Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. It all started in 2006 when Langley Steinert—Tripadvisor’s cofounder—gathered a small team of developers to help bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
What you'll do
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with data analysts, product managers, and of course other engineers to solve interesting problems with a global impact
- Participate in whiteboard sessions and design conversations on engineering the best solution to the challenges at hand
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code
- Be deeply engaged in the full software development lifecycle - conceptualizing, designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving
- Make data driven decisions
What you'll bring
- 5 or more years of experience
- Experience with ReactJS or a similar framework
- Willing to learn Java, if no prior experience, and contribute to middle tier development
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Self-led, capable of working with little direction
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.
US employees must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. #LI-Hybrid