Senior Java Engineer, Core Commerce Services
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our team in Boston, MA. With your technical expertise, you will manage project deadlines and deliverable's. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. Provide both technical and systems expertise regarding integration with numerous back-end services. Develop new API services which support multiple UI and business services.
At Chewy, you will specialize in building web applications that scale to millions of users, providing the best possible customer experience. You will manage projects across multiple stakeholders as a subject matter expert.
What you'll do:
● Design and implement new features in Chewy’s products based on both technical and business requirements which have a direct impact on the companies success.
● Write client-side and server-side code for web-based applications, creating fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production applications.
● Support diverse platforms in modern service environments which support desktop computers to small-footprint mobile devices.
● Interact with multiple application services to access and store information in a comprehensive e-commerce ecosystem.
● Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with development, systems support, release, development operations and architecture teams.
● Code review and work with other developers on best practices following the latest advancements design patterns and techniques.
● Work in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
● Integrate the latest best practices and technologies across environments using technical expertise, judgment, maturity, and experience which promote the best interests of Chewy.
What you'll need:
● BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
● 5+ years of working experience with client-side web technologies and server-side technologies using Java, Kotlin, Scala, Jersey, Spring technologies.
● Experience designing, building and maintaining RESTFul APIs.
● Experience in web technologies such as Spring MVC, Stripes, Reactive MVC / MVVM Frameworks.
● Strong communication skills as well as experience with educating and working your peers.
● SQL and RDBMS experience.
● Performance analysis skills across multiple environments.
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
● Strong Computer Science fundamentals using object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
● A strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality. Committed to seeing tasks to completion and working with others is essential.
● Common development tools such as mvn, git, github, gradle and related/similar tools .
● Expertise in debugging/testing and troubleshooting issues across multiple browsers and devices.
● Experience in multiple programming paradigms
● Experience in working in the business domain of e-commerce
● Service Oriented Architecture
● Asynchronous programming patterns
● Functional Programming Paradigms
● SQL and RDBMS experience
● Large scale public facing websites
● Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)
● Position my require travel