Senior IT Telecom Engineer at Nuance
The Senior IT Telecom Engineer works as a key member of the Telecom Services in the Nuance Enterprise team to provide Nuance customers with large-scale enterprise voice and data deployments that automate access to information and services over the phone using Nuance voice recognition IVR. You will be responsible for system architecture, infrastructure definition, network connectivity, and the deployment of technical solutions that meet clients' business and ROI objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architecting technical solutions to solve our clients' business problems and that meet and exceed automation and ROI objectives.
- Managing the technical specification of the infrastructure architecture and design of the IVR platform solution including environment specifications throughout the deployment lifecycle.
- Providing cross-functional technical leadership on project teams.
- Interacting with our clients' counterpart and internal teams to solicit system-level technical requirements and resolve technical issues.
- Leading the development and documentation of the technical requirements and solutions architecture of the voice solution.
- Acting as the face of Cloud Engineering Services for client and Sales team for all new and existing deals related to hosting.
- Help with the RFI/RFP/Quoting process
- Providing technical support to Project Management, Network Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and Operations.
- Working closely with the Project Management to actively support Project objectives, schedules, and deliverables
- Planning and designing the physical deployment of a solution.
- Assist in the design of data/voice connectivity for different projects so that they meet general deployment guidelines
- Work with system administrators and network engineer to define/design and document the location of the various Infrastructure requirements.
- Be responsible for the interrelated architectures of the IVR platform including the integrity of design, communications, interfaces between subsystems, and supporting databases.
- Participate in strategic planning process and assist with managing strategic vendor relations.
- Work with various Carriers in obtaining quotes, installation, and associated billing systems.
Education: BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical degree. (preferable)
Experience: At least 6+ years of working experience as a Sr Telecom Engineer or equivalent role.
- Product and Vendor Evaluation/Management
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Voice and Data networks.
- Knowledge of voice and digital engagement platforms and applications (desirable).
- Knowledge of telephony, SIP-based applications, and Erlang-based traffic engineering is a MUST. Knowledge of TDM (desirable).
- Some customer interaction experience is a MUST.
- Experience in hosted operations with large scale deployments. (Essential).
- Experience in system architecture or systems engineering is a MUST.
- Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and operations process creation skills.
- Good knowledge in current cloud technology including Azure, AWS, Google.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with the following technologies is desired:
- IVR, CTI, SIP, RTP, Cisco technologies, MPLS, VLAN (voice/data circuit level). Load balancing, High availability/fault tolerant design, Oracle, BGP, OSPF. Data Center Operations (desirable)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.