Senior Integrations Architect, Enterprise Architecture at Toast (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Systems, the Integrations Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains multi-platform integration solutions in support of Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. The Integrations Architect will act as a subject matter expert for the business system’s integration framework (multiple and growing list of platforms). The role requires taking ownership of data integration, working side-by-side with stakeholders across business systems and Toast engineering teams, connecting the dots and using all the tools and techniques available to unlock the value of enterprise application data.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Create, protect, transform and integrate enterprise applications to generate high value for the business in a scalable, flexible and secure manner.
- Implement and maintain new and legacy integrations across numerous platforms.
- Architect, plan and execute the integration of new applications with existing systems and software.
- Review design, code, deployment strategies, etc.. and other technical aspects of software delivery within the Integration/Business Systems team
- Define standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Be able to work as an individual contributor on multiple Agile SCRUM teams within Toast to provide integration and development services for strategic initiatives.
- Draft technical designs, integration standards, testing plans and other systems integration related documentation.
- Automate application end-to-end or unit testing to ensure stability during continuous integration.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline for Business Systems.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years Experience Building/Maintaining Enterprise Integration Architectures
- 3+ years of application programming and troubleshooting (i.e. Java/J2EE, jUnit, RUBY, SQL, PostgreSQL)
- 3+ years ETL experience
- Proven experience improving platform performance
- Working in an Agile SCRUM or Kanban team
- Strong understanding of data manipulation and distribution
- Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
A pinch of salt (Bonus Ingredients):
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
“Our Spread of Total Rewards”
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.