Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help urban dwellers take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time. Are you ready for the smart city revolution?
We are looking for a senior full stack generalist who can handle development across our whole system. Our team tackles a wide range of challenges on the daily, so if you are excited by being close to users, being an integral part of the design process, and system-level thinking/responsibility, this role is for you.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Front End
- We have four Ember frontends in production! We are leaning heavily on this framework to deliver performant, complex software direct to end-users, both in the consumer space and government.
- You've worked on an JS SPA application (Ember, Angular, or React)
- You've contributed in an impactful way to an open source project
- You understand how to test all of this
- Back End
- We have an architecture built on containerized JS microservices, which provide API-level support to all of our front-ends, as well as an end-user facing API.
- You have built out a production-level API before
- You are well-versed in API best practices and web standards
- You are passionate about a well-designed API with good documentation. It feels good.
- Big Data, Data Science, & Analytics
- We design, install, and support our own sensor system out in the world.
- We own real infrastructure providing services and information to cities that make them run more efficiently and serve their citizens better.
- All of this happens on top of our analytics infrastructure that processes millions of datapoints per day.
- You have experience in the Internet of Things space
- You have experience providing analyses of time-series datasets
- You know how to visualize data using libraries like Google charts, D3, etc