Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a senior full-stack generalist who can handle development across our whole system. Our team tackles a wide range of challenges on the daily, so if you are excited by being close to users, being an integral part of the design process, and system-level thinking/responsibility, this role is for you.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Front End
- We have four Ember frontends in production! We are leaning heavily on this framework to deliver performant, complex software direct to end users, both in the consumer space and government
- You've worked on an JS SPA application (Ember, Angular, or React)
- You've contributed in an impactful way to an open source project
- You understand how to test all of this
- Back End
- We have an architecture built on containerized JS microservices, which provide API-level support to all of our front-ends, as well as an end user-facing API
- You have built out a production-level API before
- You are well-versed in API best practices and web standards
- You are passionate about a well-designed API with good documentation; it feels good
- Big Data, Data Science, & Analytics
- We design, install, and support our own sensor system out in the world
- We own real infrastructure, providing services and information to cities that make them run more efficiently and serve their citizens better
- All of this happens on top of our analytics infrastructure that processes millions of datapoints per day
- You have experience in the Internet of Things space
- You have experience providing analyses of time-series datasets
- You know how to visualize data using libraries like Google charts, D3, etc.
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous healthcare and parental leave packages
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Strong company culture focused on working hard, playing hard, and caring about each other like a family